Friday, July 31, 2009

July 4th!

Yes, I am just now blogging about July 4th. If I could figure out a way to get internet (faster than dial-up) at my house that did not cost a fortune I could update my blogs more often. Oh, well. That is another story in itself. Let's just say that Verizon better watch out!

This year (as most years) we spent July 4th with some very good friends. Every year one of our buddies and his brother host a shotgun shoot tournament at their parent's house. It is a lot of fun, but has become more challenging over the years as most of us now have little ones. The big question is what to do with the little ones while parents are shooting, taking score, making food, etc. The answer...a bounce house! Ok, so that fun only lasts so long, but the kiddos had fun running around with each other, playing on the old Jeep, etc. Here are some pictures from the weekend.



My dad preparing to "school" all of us in the art of shooting clays!


Me and my dad waiting to shoot at one of the stations.


Another "shot" of dad in the ready position. He did really well considering he was using a 28 gauge against a bunch of 12 gauges.


Before the shoot we got the opportunity to watch a small town July 4th parade. Here are the boys in the wagon taking it all in.


Small town July 4th parade. I have to admit, I have never been this up-close to a parade before.

Samuel and his buddies watching the parade.


Sam and another buddy chillin' after the parade.


Boys at the shoot. They look like they are up to no good!

Setting up the bounce house for the kiddos.


My ham named Sam!


Yes, Jake is getting in the gas tank. I am learning that you cannot turn your backs on those boys!

No comments: