Just realized that I never posted this...I will have to add pictures later. Jeff is in DC with all the recent pictures we have taken.
I took another almost month-long blog break. Several reasons for this, but not worth mentioning. The holidays were great for us. Jeff and I got a week and a half off from the office and got to spend all of that time with Samuel. As you might guess, some good days and some bad days...
First off on our travel schedule was traveling to Round Rock to be with my family for Christmas. We had a good time hanging out and just catching up on the lives of others in our family. My only question...what is it with kiddos and sleeping when away from home?!?! Samuel did pretty good (meaning we got about 6 hours of sleep for sure) the first couple of days when he was in a separate room. The last night in RR, he "slept" in the same room as us. I guess we make too much noise sleeping, but Samuel just wanted to be held that night.
Next, we got back home in time for Christmas Eve. Our goal once we had Samuel was to be sure and spend Christmas Day at home. So far (for 2 Christmases) we have been able to accomplish this. It has taken some finagling with schedules, but our families have been very understanding.
After a mere 2 days at home we head off for the big city of Dallas to visit with Jeff's family. Again it was just nice to reconnect with family and find out what has been going on in each other's life. We only stayed 2 nights since Samuel once again chose to be a night owl.
Back at home, we took it easy and tried to enjoy the rest of the time we had off. We got a steam vac. For those of you that have been to my house, the spots on my living room carpet have been stressing me out. Some of you might ask why spots would stress me out? Well, I am a clean freak or so I was until Samuel was born. Lately I have been able to only do enough to keep the house presentable.
I will not blame all the spots in the living room carpet on Samuel, but the majority of them only appeared after he started using sippy cups (don't even get me started on the spill-proof sippy cups)! Anyways, we got the steam vac and after we brought it home, I put it to use. All I can say is how did I live before a stem vac?! If you have not steamed your carpets, you may not know where I am coming from with this next thought. I could not believe how dirty the water was coming up from the carpet. You would think we had mud-wrestled or had a sand-box in the middle of the living room. GROSS! And that is with just two adults, a 17 month old, occasional visitors, and no animals! Now that my carpet is cleaned, I am not so embarrassed about having the overhead lights on in the living room. Now my guests can actually see in my house as opposed to having to resort to night vision.
Also we found a new piece of land that we would like to one day build a house on. Yes, we already have a piece of land, but we like the amenities in the new neighborhood better and the lot is almost an entire acre bigger. I will have to post a picture later because we have yet to take any of it. Needless to say, we will be attempting to sell the other lot we own.
Upwards starts Saturday. For those of you who don't know what Upwards is, it is a basketball league that my church sponsors for kids 1st through 6th grade. It is a great out-reach opportunity and Jeff and I love participating. We handle concessions. Yes, we are the kid's favorites much to the chagrin of parents. As part of concessions, we buy and stock the stuff in our garage waiting for Saturday which is gameday. Sam's Club is a good friend of ours especially Click'n Pull (that is another topic for another time). I go on the internet and place my order, Sam's employees pull the order, I go into the store the next day and pay, load the stuff, and am on my way. To think, Jeff and I used to go to the shelves and pull all of this stuff ourselves?!? We must have been crazy!
Well, guess I should go for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment