Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Where have I been??

So, I looked at my blog and wondered, "Where have I been?" It has been over a month since I blogged. Funny thing is that I have had plenty to blog about, just not the time to do it. I thought about breaking this post up into smaller posts, but decided to just put it all in one long post. If you really hate it, let me know...I probably still won't change it!

Where have I been? That is a good question. Let me give you a rundown of where I have been over the last month.

1. We packed our entire house and moved it out because we sold the house on 12/19.

2. We jammed the stuff from our house into 2 storage units, a good friend's garage and freezer, and into the place where we are currently staying.

3. We moved in with some really good friends! (It was an amazing blessing to have more than one set of good friends offer their spare room!)

4. In the house we are staying in for the time being, we have 2 rooms and our own bathroom. One room had very little furniture so we were able to move Sam's bed, chair, and some toys so it feels more like home.

5. We spent most of December after we sold the house with my parents. Sam helped remind them what my brother Norm was like when we were kids. Also, my parent's only have dial-up internet, so I was reminded how slow the internet was before DSL. Needless to say, we went to the Library and surfed on their wireless internet.

6. In December we also spent some time with Jeff's family. What a blessing they are! I wish they were closer so we could get together more often.

7. Jeff was a sweetheart and watched Sam one day so mom, dad, and I could go out and do some shopping. I love shopping with my mom because I always seem to find stuff and usually it is on sale!

8. We helped trim bushes and trees at mom and dad's and Sam got to ride on the "tractor". He liked the tractor so much that he woke up from his nap one day screaming about going for a ride on the tractor.

9. In January, we moved in with our roomies. Incidentally, I joke with them all the time that us staying with them will delay them having kids! You would just have to see Sam these days, he is a typical 2 1/2 year old boy!!

10. Upwards basketball season started on 1/10 and goes for 8 Saturdays. Jeff and I "handle" concessions which is a blast but very tiring week after week. (Upwards basketball is a Christian-based basketball league for kids grades 1-6.

On top of all of these other things going on, our house is still in progress. Don't get me wrong, the painters are doing a great job, but they have been in the house since before Christmas. Entirely too long if you ask me since flooring, electrical, plumbing, countertops, etc. depend on the painting to be complete. As of yesterday, the painters were almost done. They have plenty of touch-up left, but we can wait on that.

Ok, now for the pictures that I have been accumulating...there will be a few!

Our happy family!


Sam and his Maleigh hamming it up in the back of Phil's truck.

I know, it is a side-table...bear with me.

Suprise! This is where I found Sam one night we were packing the house!

One storage unit...

Two storage units!!

4 generations all together before Christmas. Yes, Sam and I have shoes, just not on our feet!

The new cabinets prior to staining and varnish. These are in the master bathroom.

Entertainment area in the living room.

Kitchen cabinets and bar area.

Paint choices (l-r: dining room, Sam's room & workout room, guest rooms & master, ceilings, all other walls in house, media room)

Sam hanging with Phil & Chels...Looks kind of good on him...

COUSINS!!

Sam and Bray in the Jeep!

Varnished cabinets in the utility room.

My desk area!!

China hutch in the dining room!

Living room entertainment again...

Pantry...not too big, but functional!

Riding the "tractor" with cousin Aiden and moms.

Mom and her boy!

Latest exterior picture (please ignore the blue porta-potty)!

Another exterior shot...

PAINT!!!!

MORE PAINT!!!

Front door with PAINT!!

Kitchen with PAINT!!

Guest room upstairs with PAINT!!

Back of the house...we added a fire pit on the left and a grill under the porch on the right!

A closer look at the fire pit...

The grill area...
A closer look at the grill area...the grill goes in the middle with a sink on the right.

Sam on the backhoe...gotta love that goofy smile!

Yes...he had to climb in the backhoe...that boy loves tractors and other equipment!

1 comment:

The Byrd Family said...

Nora, your house is beautiful and Sam is such a cutie! We'll have to get together sometime soon!
Amanda