Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Snakes

Just saying the word brings to mind awful images and fear. I have a healthy fear of snakes. I leave them alone and hopefully they leave me alone. The other night I went into our garage and saw something slither across the floor. At first it didn't dawn on me what I was looking at. I thought there was no way a snake would be in my garage in the middle of the city. I called Jeff to come and look and he brought Samuel outside with him. I told him that we needed to get the snake out of the garage, but Jeff wanted to take some pictures to find out what kind of snake it was. Here is the picture he took.

After some internet research, it turns out the snake is a Texas Brown snake and is non-poisonous. That was the good news. Of course I still wanted to have nothing to do with the snake. Jeff, being the wonderful husband he is, got the snake out of the garage. For you critter lovers, he did not kill it, just sent it on its merry way.

I guess for perspective I should include a picture of the snake in relation to the bottom of the Tahoe. Remember, I was afraid of this snake!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

We had more snakes at our house in College Station in the eight months we lived there than we have seen in over two years in the country!! Gary lets them go, too. Why, why, why??