Yes, I turned 30 yesterday. I dreaded the day not knowing what would come. It is scary to now say I am no longer in my twenties. Where did the time go? All in all, it was a great day; however, it did not start out so great. Samuel did not sleep well on Tuesday night. Jeff was a sweetheart and took care of him so I would be rested enough to go to the gym. My husband is a very thoughful man. Also, I think he is tired of hearing me complain about my weight. Go figure! Anyways, back to Samuel. He woke up Wednesday morning with a fever. It was one of those fevers that you don't have to confirm with a thermometer. No, it wasn't over 102, but you could just feel the heat radiating off of his skin. Thankfully he already had his 18 month visit with the doctor scheduled for 8:10 a.m. Can you believe Samuel is 18 months old? Ok, I digress, that is another post...
I went to work and Jeff took Sam to the doctor. The doctor thought at first it must be teething or something because Sam did not have any of the tell-tell signs. However, when he looked in Sam's ears, he confirmed that he had an ear infection. Sam got some antibiotics and is already doing much better.
After the doctor's visit, Jeff and Sam suprised me at the office with a cake and ice cream. Also, some of the girls at the office had gotten me cupcakes! For lunch we went to one of my favorite places, Mi Cocina. We usually go once a week, so they know right away to bring green-sauce and sweet tea! That evening Jeff fixed dinner and then it was back to regular night routine.
I got lots of phone calls and a few presents. It sure was nice to hear from some of my friends that do not live in College Station. I even got 3 Happy Birthday! songs sung to me over the phone. The first was Gary (Sam's daycare lady's son), my mom (total shocker), and my in-laws Dee, Dayna, and Elizabeth.
Lest I forget, yesterday was also special because I got to wish my sister Laura and brother Norman a Happy Birthday as well. For those of you wondering, Norm is my twin and we were born on my sister's 3rd birthday. Talk about a present that can't be returned!
2 comments:
I had no idea you were a twin. And born on your sister's birthday... too cool!
Totally crazy that all three of you have the SAME birthday! All three of my babes are in April and I thought that was crazy wnough.
Super Cool and Happy Brithday!
30 has been good to me so far....where are you working out?
Post a Comment