To top everything off, we moved Samuel to an actual daycare center. Before, he stayed with a wonderful woman in her home with about 3 other kiddos ranging in ages. Now he is in a room with about 10 other kids his same age. Also, they are big on potty training, so the first day I took him they requested that he be in pullups for 2 weeks and then in underwear only! Needless to say, up to this point, I hadn't even considered potty training him because I did not feel he way ready
Kuddos to Samuel, he is doing really well with the potty training. Most of the time, he goes if you put him on the potty, BUT he still does not always tell you when he needs to go. Therefore, we have had a few accidents at home and out around town. The key I am finding is not to freak out, make sure he knows he did nothing wrong, and all kids go through this phase. At night, he is still wearing a diaper, which is saving the sheets and bed.
One of the other things that has happened is that Samuel is no longer sleeping through the night. Depending on the night, he may wake up 1 - 5 times. It wouldn't bother me so much, but some of the times it sounds like he is screaming bloody murder. When we get into his room, he is hard to console. It is very frustrating.
Here are some pictures of Samuel getting ready for his first day of school. Yes, I cut his hair with the clippers. That is another story in itself. I had all the guards that I was going to use laid out and the clippers ready to go with the guard for the back of his hair. However, Samuel started screaming and fidgetting and I totally forgot that I was supposed to be doing the back of his hair and ran the clippers down the front. Needless to say, he got a buzz cut!


1 comment:
Hi! Isn't it amazing how kids all of the sudden get all stubborn?! My kids all started developing this around 18 months. One thing that I have learned about the tantrums is to ignore them completely. Even in a store, just pick him up and walk out calmly if you get embarrassed. I know I have from time to time. Sometimes I would just walk away at a store, not far, but enough to give them the idea that they were playing to an empty room. I just thought that I would give you some mom info i have picked up over the years.
I am surprised though that the daycare center is expecting him to be potty trained in two weeks, especially at his age. Boys don't tend to be ready until they are closer to three. My youngest(named Sam too) took an entire year to train. That was with no diapers or pullups at all. So I'm glad that it's going well for you. It sounds like he isn't as stubborn as my Sam. Also, it sounds like Sam is having night terrors. It's fairly common in kids. He will grow out of it eventually. Hope all goes well. Let me know if I overstepped bounds.
Post a Comment