Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friday the 13th

Never thought that I could break a mower...Guess what, I did....I had this wonderful schedule planned out and I was going to have just enough time to mow before having to pick Sam up from daycare. First of all, it was really hot on Friday. I got home and got to work weed eating. Maybe I am a perfectionist (one of my good friends jokes that I have OCD), but it takes me forever to weed eat. Once I finished with the weed eating, I was hot and tired, but still had to mow. Those of you that were out on Friday can sympathize with me on how hot it was. I thought that I was going to have heat stroke. Definitely feeling like an old mom...

Anyways, I got started with the mowing...Mind you, I usually enjoy mowing...Well, things went great for about three trips around the yard and then BAMMMM! Yes, that is what it sounded like. I thought that it had just died because the grass was high, so I tried to restart it. Needless to say, the mower wouldn't budge. So, I turned it up on the side. Careful to not spill the gasoline out. The blade was stuck on the outside of the bottom of the mower. I will try to get a picture of it, but at the time I was way too frustrated!!!!

I went into the garage and got out a rubber mallet to try and bang the blade back in place to no avail. I then tried to take the blade off. My husband must be He-Man because I couldn't get it to budge. Later my dad told me that it is not always "righty tighty, lefty loosey." Talk about a blow to a fundamental truth I believed in. Well, being the OCD that I am, I could not just quit on the lawn. I started calling around to find someone to loan me a mower. Bear in mind, I have no vehicle to tote a mower around in...Well, a very gracious neighbor (Stan & DeAnn) loaned me their mower to finish the job. SO, I trotted down the street to their house. Let me tell you, it is uphill both ways to and from their house. Talk about a workout. I finally finished the yard and I think it looks pretty good. Right in time for the rain on Saturday.

4 comments:

DeAnn Aalbers said...

Glad we could help!

Anonymous said...

You know, Stan and DeAnn are the last house on a street and downhill. You could have just given it a good push. I would have gotten there. ;)

Seriously, thanks, to Stan and DeAnn for helping us once again. We would have not found such a perfect first house if it had not been for the Lord blessing us with them as friends.

Also, I should say that I can never say enough of how God has blessed me with my wonderful OCD wife. :) Seriously, God keeps our home in much better order through Nora's eye for detail. Thanks, sweetie.

danalmiles said...

That dagg-um mower!!!! I must say I am quite impressed that you managed to go & borrow one. I would have sat down in the middle of the yard and cried first. Then because the unevenness (sp?) of the grass would drive me nuts...I would have borrowed a mower just so I could sleep that night. So I hear you girl!

DeAnn Aalbers said...

We love you guys & we're doubly blessed to have you in our lives. I can't wait until Caden & Samuel are old enough to play together.