Thursday, July 26, 2007

Teething!

OK...I know that I have promised some pictures, but we will still have to wait on those. It has been raining off and on for 40 days and 40 nights here. I have never experienced such a water-logged July.

On to the topic of discussion. I now understand why God lets young children teeth and not adults. I am afraid as an adult I would hunker in the fetal position until all of my teeth were in. I cannot fathom the pain that children experience. Some moms have great stories about how their kiddo had no problems getting teeth. I even heard one go as far as say that the kiddo went to bed one night and the next day there was a tooth. Well, Samuel, in typical boy-fashion, has not had it so easy. We have been working on the top front two teeth for at least the last two weeks. I looked this morning and you can see that the right tooth has broken through, but the left is still to come. Mind you, I looked in the 5 seconds that I could pry his jaws open. It is amazing how strong they can be when they don't want to do something! If I can coax the jaws open once more, I might be able to get a shot. I am not promising anything this time.

Well, stay dry and safe and until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh! Isn't it funny how different children are and yet they generally all come out the same. They all have teeth, with some help straight teeth. Don't worry one day we won't have many teeth left. Isn't that a great thought. Love ya! Tiff