I know, the other moms that have boys are reading this post and probably shaking their heads and remembering the first bobo their little daredevil encountered. This is not Samuel's first busted lip, but the other one, I was not present for. Here's the scene...I fixed a homemade meal last night and Jeff and I were sitting down to enjoy. Samuel was quiet so we looked around and discovered that he had crawled on top of a Huggies box and was sitting there grinning from ear to ear. Mind you the Huggies box was in the kitchen and not on the carpet. Here is a picture of the fateful box...
I told dad to watch Samuel and I ran into the other room to get the camera. Apparently, while I was gone, Samuel decided he would get down from the box on his own. He did quite well until he slipped at the end. Dad thought that he had caught the little daredevil in time, but he was crying hysterically. When I got back to the kitchen, I pulled out his pacifier to find blood. What is it about lips that bleed so much?? Anyways, I was freaking out and trying to soak up blood while assessing that his new teeth coming in on top were still intact. On a side-note, I think this may have forced the left-middle tooth to break through the gum (turn a negative into a positive). Sam would not let me put ice on his lip, so consequently it swelled up like a balloon. Just a note, it is back down to normal this morning and he seems no worse for wear! OK, here's the lip and wet t-shirt to prove we cried...
So that picture did not do it justice. Funny thing is in the picture above, Jeff is actually looking at Samuel and saying, "Dude!" Here's a closer picture...
Here's to wondering how little boys ever survive to grow up in one piece!



1 comment:
I hear you sweetheart! I think you & I just need to huddle in the corner somewhere & pray for our rambunctious boys. Maybe we can invite Misti to join us in a year or so!
Post a Comment