Friday, July 6, 2007

To Blog or not to Blog!

OK, so I have been skeptical of this whole blogging phenomenon. I thought it was just a phase, but it turns out that people are actually quite serious about this stuff. Funny thing is that I got three invites this week alone to look at peoples blogs. People that I would not have even guessed had a blog. Now, if you are looking for great words of wisdom or funny insights, this may not be the blog for you. I was thinking of creating this to keep family and friends in the know on our family and all the changes.



At this time, Samuel is a little over 10 months old. Yes, can you believe that he has gotten that old. He is trying to walk and doing quite well I might add. It started as pushing toys around the living room (actually it didn't have to be toys, just anything that would scoot). It then progressed to making his way around our coffee table. Yes, those are the bane of any child learning to walk. Sam hasn't fallen into it yet, but I know it will come. He is also fond of pushing the chairs around in our kitchen-breakfast nook area. Noticing a theme here? Can you say all boy?


Before I forget, he finally got his first two teeth about a month ago. They are really cute, when I took the following picture, they were just bumps barely sticking out. You try taking a picture of a 9 month old's tooth when he does not want you in his mouth. See how well your photo turns out. Actually, the boy is quite photogenic and as long as dad goes with us to get pictures, Samuel smiles great. OK, here are the teeth...




I am starting to plan Samuel's first birthday party. It has been difficult coming up with ideas since he will only be one. Part of me wonders how much he will remember, but I think that the party will be more for me than him! Woo hoo, we've almost made it through a year! Who would have thunk?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Peer pressure!! I gave in too. It is quite fun though. Nice entry!

DeAnn Aalbers said...

It's the good peer pressure, though. I think Samuel is sooooo super cute!

Anonymous said...

I love that you fell for the pressure! I think it's wonderful! Samuel is precious.

Laura said...

Such a cutie!! Happy weekend.

danalmiles said...

Hey sweetie! I gave in to the whole thing a few years ago but the other gals have moved on to more sophisticated means....so I haven't kept up with it much.

I am happy you are doing this and think you will be pleased with the response. I mean it's basically an on-line diary of your lives with little Peanut!

Thank you for including me!!!

Brooke said...

Yea, I/we are so excited that you have a blog. I know I spend many hours a day looking at blogs...I have been meaning to send you our blog. Check it out wacohogues.blogspot.com
Love you, Brooke (& Norm)